Task2: Ambition is an important characteristic of people. How important is it for people to make success in life? Is it a positive or negative characteristic for success?
Ambition is the desire (Nice definition of ambition) for accomplishment, and it is widely believed that ambitious people are likely to succeed precisely because they have the internal drive to achieve their goals. In my opinion, although being ambitious is important to make a success out of life, it brings people both benefits and disadvantages (In English we usually pair ‘advantages and disadvantages’ and ‘benefits and drawbacks’).
开头简洁明了，用ambition的定义展开这个话题~ 既自然又能妥妥的直切主题！~ 接着回答题目中的两个问题：尽管一个人有没有野心对成功很重要，但是野心也是一把双刃剑。在开头段写Introduction和answer the question才是这类题型最正确的写法！~
Having a sense of ambition helps people establish clear goals, and motivates them to make a sincere effort towards achieving their target. For example, students who aspire to become lawyers in the future have to be highly motivated to study hard because most law schools have high academic entry requirements. Also, ambition drives (good) people to make optimal use of their available resources, such as time and money, because these resources are scarce. People must therefore make choices between different things that they can do, and definitely choose to do those things that will achieve their personal goals first. For instance, many geniuses, such as Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, quit their universities to start their own businesses at an early age because time is precious and they chose to allocate it to their career vision.
主体第一段写了两个方面，一个是野心能够使人拥有明确的目标，并且为这个目标而努力，并举法学院学生的这个例子证明自己的观点。第二个方面是野心能够让人很好的利用可用的资源，比如时间和金钱，并举了Bill Gates和Steve Jobs的例子来充分的说明他们虽然年纪轻轻就辍学，但是他们很好的利用这一段时间来开创他们的事业~ 童鞋们可以仔细看看考官的批改，所有的语法错误，用词错误 ，不得当的表达都被考官一一指出并加以纠正。
However, it is not true that the desire for success is all positive. Ambition may be positive or negative depending on a person’s specific situation. Setting an unrealistic goal may be a waste of time and passion, and sometimes such goals may mislead people. For example, some people want to become billionaires in a short time. Actually, only a few people in the world can achieve this success, and the rest may eventually have to give up their dreams and sacrifice their efforts and capital which were(I changed the verb to the plural form because both effort and capital are invested) invested in this ambition. Also, in order to achieve the impossible dream, some dreamers may seek illegal opportunities to earn a huge profit such as selling drugs.
In conclusion, ambition does make a contribution to people’s success but it is the goal which suits the specific situation that is likely to produce positive outcomes.
正文结束啦，下面是考官在此根据雅思写作4项评分标准（TR & CC & LR & GRA）分别打分和提供的评语：
TASK RESPONSE： 8
- Sufficiently addresses all parts of the task
- Presents a well-developed response to the question with relevant, extended and supported ideas.
- By the way, the most commonly perceived downside of ambition is that it can make people ruthless where they want to succeed at any price. For example they neglect their personal relationships. They may also not be interested in helping other people much because they have eyes only for their own goals. So ambition can make people very self-centred and egotistical.
COHERENCE & COHESION： 8
- • Sequences information and ideas logically
- • Manages all aspects of cohesion well
- • Uses paragraphing sufficiently and appropriately
LEXICAL RESOURCE ：7-8
- • Uses a wide range of vocabulary fluently and flexibly to convey precise meanings
- • Occasional errors in word choice
- • Uses a wide range of structures
- • The majority of sentences are error free
- • Makes only occasional errors
澳洲境内热线：1300 730 878
中国免费热线：400 879 0500